Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tea Party

Every spring our church has a little girls tea - and this year I got to have both of my little princesses with me! As always, they did a precious job of decorating & making it fun. I let the girls pick out their "frills" for the event. Mae immediately picked her Cinderella dress. You can see her first hair rolling experience below. I was surprised that she sat so still for me to do it. Anna first picked out a very worn, stained, & ripped pink dress up that we call "Cinderella's work dress" & said that she would wear a hawaiian shawl over it to hide the dirt. I used my one veto on that outfit. She ended up in this interesting outfit of a very small ballet costume, red Christmas skirt, & hot pink shoes. "Beautimus!" as we say in our family.

They had lots of fun decorating a magic wand craft, filling a sack from a candy bar, eating cupcakes, & hearing a sweet presentation on manners told with a teddy bear. Maelyn looks really bored during the talk, but that's because she had no nap & started to zone out. Besides Anna tumbling down the stairs head over heals with her dress up shoes flying off, she enjoyed the manners talk too. :) At the bottom you can see a little clip - cousin Emma gets to use her princess manners to introduce herself to the bear. Too cute.





No comments: