Saturday, April 25, 2009
Daddy's Turn to Post
This past weekend we had a daddy/child camping trip at Possum Kingdom State Park. Saturday was a very nice warm sunny day, but as you can see from the picture below, Sunday morning was cold and windy. The kids love roaming from tent to tent, jumping on beds and basically making a mess in whoever's tent they are in. Well our tent happened to be one of the first ones set up and I made the mistake of setting up our cots too early. Needless to say, when it was time to go to bed, the middle support in my cot would not stay up. So I spent the night with my head and feet up and my bottom resting so very uncomfortably on the middle support that was broken.

Here's one the bed jumping culprits in action.
The kids loved throwing rocks into the lake (they called it a sea). For whatever reason, they thought this was so much fun. The only challenging thing was making sure they were spaced far enough apart not to hit anyone with their wild throwing. Other than that, I'm convinced they could have happily done this for several hours.
Another fun highlight was fishing. I had to let them really fish this time b/c the last time we went, I only let them cast the plastic fishes that come on the end of the princess fishing poles. I told them that the fish were just not biting this time and Anna told me "Dad, we don't have any hooks or meat". So this time we brought all we needed and they, especially Anna, had so much patience with it which was very surprising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment