Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Blessings

Thank you Lord for these sweet blessings! Since we go to a casual Saturday evening service normally, it was a real treat to see my girls all fru-fru (is that a word?). Curling hair, finding matching sandles, & tying ribbons was more work than I'm used to for a Sunday morning, but it was worth it - they looked precious! I loved it all the more knowing that I had paid a whopping $5 & $8 for their Easter dresses at the consignment sale! :) We had a wonderful weekend at my parents house. Here are just a handful of the cute pictures that my mom took...
I'm so glad that Anna is over her "I hate having pictures made of me" phase. I love this smile! Maelyn had to be bribed with jelly beans to have her's taken, but that's what Easter candy is for.


We didn't think that we'd get to hunt eggs outside this year, but the rain stopped while we were at church. Anna, Mae, & Madison were great hunters this year, and as a bonus no one ruined their dress in the mud.







What does Easter excitement, candy from your basket first thing in the morning, a sweet Easter treat breakfast, and a just-turned-three little girl equal? A very cute time out.

Since most years we have rain on Easter, my mom (ahem, I mean the Easter bunny) found a super cute inside alternative this year. She got a scavenger hunt from Hallmark with little clues written on carrot cards that you hide all over the house. At the end a huge golden egg holds treats for everyone. We planned on doing it this year instead of the outside egg hunt, but the girls got to do both since the weather cooperated. They loved running all over the house for clues (you can see them finding one in the microwave in the picture below). Here are all four little granddaughters & their prize - Leah looks like she's trying to taste the egg.


My girls' favorite Easter basket surprise this year were these hippity hops (thanks for the idea Em!). Maelyn has even slept with hers this week.
The cutest little Easter bunny this year... my mom found these bunny ears that she thought were for babies. I had to point out to her that the packaging said, "Intended for pets only". Oh well - Leah made a precious little pet!

On Easter morning we started another new tradition... Alyssa shared with me the recipe for this yummy Easter breakfast. The girls helped dip marshmellows in butter, cinnamon & sugar then wrap them in cresents. After baking they taste like cinnamon rolls & look like empty tombs. My girls loved this & it was a great way to start the day focused on Christ's amazing love for us.
We also had lots of fun with projects that Grammy prepared for the girls all weekend... they made these fun layered Easter cookies, dyed eggs, & decorated paper mache eggs. It was fun this year to see how long their attention span has stretched & how they can so so much themselves when we do a craft or project. They are growing up so much!

4 comments:

da momma said...

precious pics! BEAUtiful family girl!

rhonda said...

Grammy is all rested and ready to do it all again soon. Tell Anna and Mae that I found 3 more eggs today while I was working in the yard. Yummy!!!

Alyssa said...

I am so glad that you had a fun Easter! The girls looked precious... and I am glad that you enjoyed the marshmallow surprises :)

Holly said...

Love the dresses! The timeout picture is the best!!