Sunday, May 3, 2009

Attack of the Birds

We spent this morning at the zoo... I don't know if the weather (overcast & cool) or the silly swine flu kept everyone away, but it was the perfect day to go! Not hot & almost completely empty, but the animals were all awake & active. The girls favorite part by far was the bird enclosure. I think the poor birds are usually stuffed, but today they were starving & swooping at you in flocks the moment you walked through the door. Anna was into it right away, but you can see from Mae's picture below that she really wanted to do it, but was a little overwhelmed by all the flapping wings. She got used to it after a while & was feeding them herself too. It was so fun to see so many birds up close & even more fun to watch the girls' faces.





3 comments:

Monica said...

How fun! I have been wanting to go to the zoo lately. Looks like your girls are the perfect age to both enjoy the activities. Those birds can be a bit over whelming.

tanya said...

They are the cutest little girls! And, I just can't get over Mae's tiny pink tennis shoes! Too cute!

Whitney said...

Austin LOVED the birds at the zoo too! Glad yall had fun!