Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Judah comes home!
Now the fun really begins! All three blessings at home. Our hospital stay was such a good experience. I tried to really soak in the time with Judah, knowing that life at home would not be as calm! We had our challenges... on the second day of life Judah decided he was STARVING & did not want to patiently wait for my milk to come in (give me a break little guy... I just had surgery yesterday!). Since nursing is so important to me, we got creative & used a tiny dropper to supplement with formula while he nursed. It made him happier, but he still lost a full 10% of his birthweight so we had to supplement at home as well. On his two day follow up at the pediatrician he still hadn't gained weight, so we began an every two hour schedule of nursing, pumping, and offering breastmilk in a bottle. Another post on that to follow!
In Daddy's arms ready to go home. It was a traumatic day - Judah had his circumcision in the morning & we were free to go once he had a wet diaper. Changing him was nerve wracking & he was in a lot of pain, so I was suddenly ready to get out of there to the safety of home. Tom was so incredibly helpful during the whole hospital stay. We saw several lactation consultants because of our nursing difficulties, and one even said she should video us because Tom was being such a team player, helping me with the dropper as I nursed. Such a good daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love reading all of your posts about Judah! He is just a doll. I love the pic of Addison and Judah together...what cute little buddies they will be :)
Post a Comment