On Christmas Eve as we drove to service at our church, it occured to me how well that I felt. The recovery from this c-section has been so much better than with the girls, and Judah has been a great car rider so far. I never expected to feel well enough to travel for Christmas, so we planned on staying home, but I began to get the insane idea that we could show up at my parents house a day early & surprise everyone (Tom was supposed to meet my mom with the girls the day after Christmas). Many family members were going to be there, and it felt like a great opportunity to introduce Judah. We realized about 5 minutes from the church building that we left the diaper bag & camera on the kitchen table & had to run into walmart for an emergency pack of diapers. Judah's first visit to church was with a pink purse of Mae's filled with two preemie diapers (Tom grabbed the wrong size), kleenex, and wipes from the van stash. This made the prospect of packing for a trip for 5 people including a 10 day old newborn plus a dog seem ridiculous, but it just sounded too fun to let the idea go! Tom agreed to do almost all of the packing if I made a list & my brother was brought in on it so I could make sure that no one was sick at my mom's house. Amazingly we pulled it off. We were on the road by 9am the next morning! I wish I had a video of everyone's faces when we showed up. I know that spending Christmas with their newest grandbaby was a great gift to my parents, and seeing him held by his greatgrandparents & relatives was priceless to me.




Nanny with her first great-grandson

We were so excited that Angela & Ray brought little Ava for the day also, she is just 10 days older than Judah. What fun these little cousins will have growing up together! Here are Mamaw & Papaw with their newest great-grandbabies.

Our first family picture of all 5 of us!


The sisters with their grandbabies - Mom & Aunt Veda

Posing with Ava on the beautiful quilts that Mamaw made...

Being passed around all day is tiring, and so is Daddy's new job of taking care of mommy plus three!

Anna & Ruthie modeling their new outfits made by Mamaw for Christmas
1 comment:
You just don't know how shocked I was to see you guys. It was by far the best gift I could have gotten this year. New baby.....having my beautiful grown-up first baby with me on Christmas.....priceless.
Post a Comment