Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Is it Wednesday yet?

Maybe reality will set in tomorrow morning, but right now it is totally surreal that we will be meeting our son in the morning! We have been counting down to this day for months, and lately I think I've been counting the hours. Our girls are spending the night at the Moore's (which they were thrilled about - sleepover on a school night!), our bags are packed, Tom's parents are here & mine should arrive any minute. Still, it seems like a dream that we will actually be leaving the house at 4:30 in the morning and coming home with a tiny newborn in our arms a few days later. I am in awe of God's goodness in letting us having another child & His provision of a healthy pregnancy. As we have gotten older we know so many stories of heartache, and I don't take for granted for a minute that He has allowed this little boy to grow to term right where he should be, with no complications. We can't wait to meet him, see what the "boy version" of our children will look like, and to introduce him to his sisters. They are beside themselves with anticipation! Anna had a few brief moments of tears tonight as we got them in their pj's ready to go - she said that she was nervous for me. She has been praying all week aloud for me, and wrapped up a cross necklace that she found in her jewelry box that she wants me to wear to remind me that she's praying for me all morning. Such sweetness. Suzi took these pictures tonight to document just how big my belly has grown. If I look really tired, it's because I am! Carrying a baby in your 30's is a lot harder than in your 20's! He will be completely worth it though I know...

Sweet Judah, you are God's precious child. He created you in His perfect timing, and we know that you completely belong to Him. We are just so thankful that He chose to let us be your family, and we can't wait to see the amazing things that He has planned for you! You have been loved completely since the moment we found out about you, and I know that love is going to grow a million times over when we see your face for the first time in the morning! We pray for God's best plan for your life and that you will always be a mighty warrior for His kingdom.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Praying for sweet dreams tonight, for safe travels to the hospital, safe and comfortable delivery tomorrow and an easy recovery. I can't wait to see this sweet baby boy's face on here tomorrow! So excited for you all!!!

Kristen OQ said...

Can't wait to hear that your sweet boy has arrived in the morning! Praying blessings, safety, and calmness on your day tomorrow (really on all of your days in the upcoming weeks too!). We love you guys and can't wait to meet Judah! Welcome to the boy club!