Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Tooth Fairy


Another long awaited event - the tooth fairy got to visit our house! The day after New Year's I brushed Anna's teeth & then swiped at her mouth with a towel. She yelped & we realized that this mean momma had snagged her loose tooth & yanked it right out! We were nervous she swallowed it but found it under the stool in the bathroom. I don't have a picture of this precious toothless girl because her first reaction was to cry & be self-conscious about people calling her "cute". To her, this is the same thing as calling her a baby, no matter how we explain that it is a compliment. By the time we made it to church that evening she was excited to show off her gap to her friends.
The tooth fairy answered her request to keep her tooth & left behind a sprinkle of fairy dust & a five. Of course the money was burning a hole in Anna's pocket so we headed to the dollar store after church on Sunday. Gift-giving is definately her love language, so she had the most fun picking out presents for us with her cash. Bitsie got a stuffed dog toy, Tom got candy, Mae got a baby doll, and I got silly string - lucky me! We had a silly string fight in the front hallway when we got home (too cold outside). I love Anna's generous heart!
To add to her great week, it was also her turn for a date with Daddy last night. With the busyness of school this year, they had fallen out of the habit of their dates so she was thrilled about it. Tom wrote her a sweet note before school Monday about his plan to take her out on Tuesday night & she was glowing about it all day. Since he was gone to BSF that night, she asked me before bed it I could tell him how much she "enjoyed having him in her life too" and how much she was looking forward to their date. He said that they had lots of great conversation over a brownie at Chili's... and that at one point she said, "Daddy I'm 6 1/2, about to turn 7. Don't you think it's about time that I had my own phone?" First a lost tooth, and now asking for a phone - time is flying way too fast!

3 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Yea for Anna! I didn't get to check out her "cute" lost tooth last night at church. Another milestone completed!

Enjoy your day off of school!

rhonda said...

I can not wait to see my CUTE girl's gappy smile. I just love to hear about her shopping for you guys. Thinking about others is sometimes really hard for kids, but Anna has it down. Thanks for the updates.

Whitney said...

Love the note and the story- especially that she was worried about being called cute! :) That is cute...I mean adorable!