Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh Mae Mae

What to say about this silly, joyful girl? I thought this picture summed up Mae... dressed up in something other than her normal clothes at all times, obsessed with shoes - these are too small & missing one white lace so she had me put in a brown one she stole off a pair of mine, very prissy/princessy with her crown, smiling almost always, & zestful for life. If she can't find something really funny to be laughing at, she'll just look around to find something random around her & say, "look at that fence! It's so funny!" & just fake laugh until we join in. I tell her often that God has given her the gift of joy because people really can't be around her without smiling or laughing along with her.

She will be turning four in a blink, & I know that the cute words that she mispronouces will soon be gone, so I'm writing as many as come to mind:
ah-cause (because - "I don't want to ahcause...")
debrella (umbrella - "I don't want to go under the debrella ahcause I like wet hair")
deuh (idea - "I got a fun deuh!")
nackin (napkin)
dediculous (ridiculous - "that's just dediculous!")
demingo (our neighbor's dog Mango)
pewter (computer)

My mom reminded me in her comments to add that Anna often comes to us & whispers discreetly with her little lispy voice, "Do you think that Mae has a speech pwoblem (problem)?" whenever she hears Mae misprounounce something. We always have a hard time not busting out laughing at this little irony. Sweet, concerned sister.

3 comments:

rhonda said...

Happy just oozes out of that child.

rhonda said...

You should also note that Anna very sweetly and quietly (out of Mae's earshot) asks if we are sure that Mae doesn't have a "speech pwoblem (problem)" when Mae comes out with one of these Maeisms.

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

I love this post...she is just too cute!