Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Belated Christmas Post


I know that Nana will send some better pictures of Christmas soon (since we had to use our old SLOW digital, I hardly took any), but here are a few. First, our visit to Santa. A store just 5 minutes from us has Santa visit for one weekend each December & this was our first experience going. It was perfect for our family - only a 10 minute wait to see Santa, you could take your own pictures, and they gave you a picture free that they took. Love it! The girls just thanked Santa for Bitsie and told Mrs. Claus how much they loved their new puppy.

We had a great visit to the ranch... the girls favorite things were playing with their cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents (I hope Suzi got some good ones - I hate that I don't have a single picture of everyone!). Here are the girls laying out their spread for Santa. Anna wanted to add a "healthy snack" for him so he got an orange as well. The fireplace behind them almost looks fake! Mama Kelly loved that fire & it always reminds us of her when we get a good one roaring.


This year when Tom brought out the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book for the traditional reading, Anna said, "I can read that this year Daddy!" She read every word! I think Nana & Pappy were impressed, even though I'm sure there are parts of the story that she has memorized.

I don't have many non-blurry pictures of Christmas morning, but here is Mae on the horse that Nana found for the girls. It's not supposed to be sat on, but Mae thought it was the perfect size for her. Below, Anna was very into the gum that Santa put in her stocking. She is a little gum-obsessed. The next picture is of Mae with her requested Barbie. When Santa came to her preschool she asked for a "Barbie with a necklace". She was SO excited about this one.



This barn about did me in before Christmas! I got it at the consignment sale for the girls with intentions to paint it inside & out for their gift (they already had this collection of horses & animals). I quickly saw that it was going to be challenging to paint, so just decided to do the outside. I was painting it in the guest room to keep it hidden from the girls when I dropped a huge container of chocolate brown paint on the carpet. That carpet was probably the most pristine, unworn carpet in the house... not anymore! During my cleanup I also dripped brown paint all down the hallway & stairs by accident. Good grief! It took me two days to get most of it up. After that, the project was in the garage, where the girls saw it before Christmas anyhow. I asked them to pretend to be surprised on Christmas morning for my sanity, and they put on a good show.
Playing with cousin Kaden... he was sick on Christmas Eve, so we were thankful that he was fever free on Christmas morning. I love his hair in this picture!

No comments: