As a Bitsie update, this tiny dog has definately rocked our world. Anna still ADORES her - she comes down to play with her as soon as her eyes open, and wants to snuggle her in her bed before she goes to sleep each night. She wants me to bring her to school pick up each day, where Bitsie is greeted like a rock star by all the kids. Sometimes I see glimpses of what a great family dog she is becoming. She already tolerates the girls playing dog pound, pet shop, or vet for ages - pushing her in the wagon, stroller, and carrying her in their puci pup (stuffed animal) carriers. As long as they aren't hurting her, I don't intervene since she might as well get used to it! Other times, I still question what in the world we were thinking. The other night, she had run out of water in her dish so when I refilled it she drank a ton. After taking her out to potty twice I locked her in the bathroom with me while I took a bath. I was thinking how great she did playing with her chew toy while I read a book, then saw when I got out that she had left puddles - FIVE of them. Seriously! Another time this week she was running from me with one of the girls coloring pages in her mouth while I chased her around like a lunitic. I chewed her out when I caught her and Anna said, "Mom, you have to remember that she is just a baby. Would you talk to a baby that way?" Ouch!
2 comments:
Oh this made me laugh and wish that we had a little dog...and be thankful that we DON"T all in one breath!! ha!
I've heard it all....cupcakes for puppy birthday parties. Those girls looked pretty excited for the fun to begin. I'm glad Anna defends Bitsie against her crazy puppy chasing Mommy. I have a feeling she would be in on the chase if Bitsie had Bunny in her mouth.
Post a Comment