Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh, Mae Mae!

Our Mae cracks us up all the time. I wish I remembered more often to jot down things that the girls say to write on the blog - I know these things will make us smile some day. Two of Mae's sillies this week...



Anna & Mae have worked & played for the last two weeks on an elaborate boat project in the playroom. Anna is so creative, and she has a little playmate in Mae who's almost always willing to play along in Anna's imaginative schemes. The boat is a bunch of towels & blankets spread out with various toys & provisions - they've spent hours being sailors & even slept on the boat on the weekends. Mae told us a few days ago, "Mommy, Anna is the captain of the boat & I'm the sailor. I also am the 'straighter' because I straight the straights (as the yanks her arms around like a sailor working the ropes). You are the yanker, because you yank the yanks (also demonstrated). Daddy is the H**KER because he hooks the hooks." He sure loved that title.



Mae loves the crossing gaurd at the end of our street. She talks with Ms. Annette every day & loves to show her any new shoe, accessory, & dress up outfit. She soaks up the compliments. When we went up to the school early this week before Ms. Annette was at her post, Mae kept asking, "Where is Simon Says?" She was adament about it, & I had no idea who she meant. She finally explained, "You know, Simon Says stop & Simon Says go with her red sign." Oh, that makes perfect sense.

2 comments:

rhonda said...

Oh that last comment had me rolling.

Thanks for keeping up this blog. I just love the story you are telling for the girls to be able to read later. (it gives me a smile whenever I need one too)

Anonymous said...

Love your pics & recent posts Amber! I haven't looked at blogs in so long, I'm doing lots of catching up today! :)
I could just see the look on Tom's face at that last one Mae came up with! Too funny!