Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sweet sisters


I just love these sisters. I had to take a couple of shots of the girls new haircuts after church tonight for the grandparents (both got about 3 inches taken off). I thought these pictures captured not only their sweet new looks, but also just how precious they are with each other. The biggest blessing of this summer has been watching the girls relationship blossom. We've run around a lot, but I have been reminded as we've been home these past few days how great they play together now. I think that Mae really missed Anna this past school year, and they have soaked up time together this summer. They still bicker of course, but mostly they play really well. Anna is very helpful when Mae can't do something, and Mae accepts her help better than mine (I usually hear, "I can do it myself!"). As I've unpacked from camp & worked on getting things sorted for the consignment sale this week they have played for at least an hour at a time over & over. It's been so great to get lots done & to listen in on them as they invent games with each other - mostly princesses going to the ball, puppy & owner, & horse riding/races. I pray that they'll always be so close.

9 comments:

rhonda said...

Gorgeous girls, inside and out. Love the shot of them looking at each other. I really, really enjoyed keeping them last week.

mom

da momma said...

sisters are so sweet and yours are adorable! They need to be in magazines

Alyssa said...

I love their haircuts so much! We have had a similiar summer around here, and I count it as one of my favorite blessings from this summer. It's fun watching their relationship grow and grow.

Perks said...

Love the smiles in that first picture! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Kristen OQ said...

Can't wait to see those cute haircuts in person. Sibling relationships are so enjoyable to watch as a parent!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So, so beautiful! I enjoyed your camp post as well; what an experience.

Whitney said...

What precious pictures! Love Mae's cute short haircut!!!

Kendra said...

They are SO beautiful, Amber! They both have beautiful haircuts - I'm REALLY a fan of Mae's cute little style there! Anna's gorgeous long locks are BEAUTIFUL. Great pictures!

brianchante said...

They are just too beautiful. I absolutley love Mae's short haircut.