Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meet the Teacher

Anna was so excited about meet the teacher last night. The best thing about this year was that we had received a letter from the school letting us know who her teacher was about a week ago, so there was no big fear of the unknown to contend with. We could all be excited together about going to meet Mrs. Word in person & seeing her classroom. The girls were in a very silly mood before we left, so for some reason Anna wanted to pose in the dining room with some props from our table arrangement. I think Mae's tongue was out in almost every picture.

Anna got to talk with her teacher (who is precious & so sweet), put away her supplies, & her favorite part - pick out a desk NEXT TO KYLEE! These two are thrilled to be in the same class this year. Katie & Mae hung out in the reading center... our school better watch out when that crazy/fun class makes in to kinder in a couple of years!








This should have been another post, but I forgot before I started the one above. This is a picture of Mae in a dress that my Mamaw made from a pillowcase that my great-grandmother had embroidered. Since summer is coming to an end, I thought it might be the last time she could wear it so I wanted to document it.
I can't believe how fast summer has flown. June & July were a whirlwind of activities & trips, and August has gone by in a blink. We've been busy making trips to the pool, going on playdates, & playing at home a lot (the girls are finally a little tired of each other after playing so awesome all summer). I've also filled up my schedule with dr's appts trying to solve the mystery of my symptoms & fatigue this summer. They've determined that I have hyperthyroidism, but some of the tests have confounded them (lucky me - I'm apparently so unique that the tyroid scan wouldn't work on me - greatness). I go for a biopsy next week, so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of things before fall revs up. I'm prayerfully trying not to worry... God has been so amazingly faithful to our family!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love Mae's pillowcase dress! So cute. You and your family are in our prayers.