* Anna had a great start to first grade. We got a note home on the first day that we could only walk them to class for one more day, but when we walked to school Wed morning she was ready to head in by herself. The first grade hallway is at the far back of the building, so I was impressed that she was already confident enough to find her class & locker after only one day. What a brave girl she has become!
* On Anna's second day, she reported that she went to the nurse for a stomach ache. That isn't like her, so I wasn't too surprised when she showed up in our room in the middle of the night needing to throw up. Since we had warning, we made it to a trash can. We weren't so lucky an hour later when Mae came down w/ a clean pair of jammies in her hand asking to be changed. She & her bed were covered. By morning, Tom had it, and I did as well by the middle of the day. Fun times at our house! Poor Anna had to miss the 3rd & 4th days of school after not missing a single day of kinder for illness! Thankfully the girls were great while I was laid out in bed for two days - they entertained themselves (& watched a ton of tv), & even brought me things I needed once they were feeling better. I think they'd both make perfect little nurses someday.
*I continue to see doctors & have tests run for my thyroid issue. My latest theory is that many doctors play hookie from med school when the thryoid chapter is covered. I've seen some really nice docs, and a really not nice one, but all have sent me to someone else or given me a diagnosis that doesn't fit. This week I'm hoping to get in with a great endocrinologist who can put all of this together & help me start treating this beast so I can get back to my old self. If you live in this area & know of a good one please comment or email me. Thanks!
*I added this picture because a post just isn't the same without pics of these monkeys... more proof of how much these girls can entertain each other & why Mae cried all the way home from dropping Anna off at school on Wednesday. After nap today Mae came down with this baby bottle & said that she wanted to be called "Baby Scoot" (Anna's nickname for her as a baby). Anna cuddled & rocked her & sang hush little baby. Such sweet sisters.
4 comments:
That's the cutest picture. Glad you got the camera out for this one. You may need to bookmark this page for later when you need a reminder of just how sweet they can be to each other.
email me when you get a chance. I'll forward you an email I got with doc suggestions...
mjp_dmp@yahoo.com
I love that picture! Glad you are all feeling better- but SO sorry that you were all sick (and at the same time- MISERABLE!)
Post a Comment