Taking a walk after the rain
One evening we hiked to a scenic overlook - the waterfall was only a trickle but it was a great boardwalk trail that was perfect for little hikers.

After fishing we rented paddleboats - Anna was really good at peddling & Madison helped steer. Mom & Dad paddled with Mae.
The most excited activity this camping trip was swimming. The park had a huge pool & we took the girls each afternoon. The made HUGE strides in their swimming. Mae was swimming underwater for a good 3 or 4 feet and could also flip to her back. Amazingly, with some help from a really big shallow end & tips from Dingdaddy - ANNA LEARNED TO SWIM! We've been trying for the past 3 summers to accomplish this, so we were all thrilled. She keeps her eyes & nose out, but can make it all the way across the pool now, even over the deep end.


The proof! This was actually the first day & she got much better. Yesterday she swam all the way across Aunt Julia's pool & got to go to the dollar store for a prize. Of course, she picked a cat toy to try to lure an animal into our house. Oh my. We are so proud of our swimmers!
3 comments:
What a pleasure it was to spend time with you and the girls. Thanks for all the planning it took to come by yourself. Dad and I loved it.
mom
What a brave and fun Mom you are! Looks like a great trip.
Looks like so much fun. I that the park you guys went to sounded like one I had been to but I just could not remember. When I saw your pics. I remember going with my parents in law the summer of Noah's first bday. I remember the overlook being amazing and loving that there was a pool. I am so excited about Anna. I know that is something you'd been wrestling with.
Post a Comment