Wednesday, July 1, 2009

9th anniversary

Tom & I celebrated our 9th anniversary on June 10th. Since that night was in the middle of all of the June choas, we just got a chance to celebrate at the end of last week. Our girls went down a couple days ahead of us to my in-laws' house (thank you so much Nana & Pappy!), so one night we had an awesome overnight date to the Gaylord Texan. Our neighbor works there, so when I asked her how to find the best deal on a room she came through with not only an amazing price, but a huge suite with chocolate covered strawberries & chilled wine. I really thought I'd stepped into the wrong room when I opened the door until I read our names on the card!



Our views from the suite. I love this resort, and was lucky enough to go a few hours early while I waited for Tom to get off work. I actually got to read a book by the pool - something this mama doesn't get to do very often!



This was a quick shot we got after returning from dinner & a movie. It's too dark to see the resort, but it's beautiful.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have gotten to spend 9 years with my wonderful husband... just a few of the reasons I love him:

*he treats me with so much respect, and I know that our girls are learning how a husband should treat his wife... he never raises his voice at me or makes me feel dumb (even when I'm acting it!)

*he works all day at a demanding job, but comes home ready to play with the girls with no downtime in between. Most nights he takes them out on the trampoline to give me a break, or tells me to go take a bath while he gets them in the tub

*he's very appreciative - almost daily he tells me what a great mom I am or thanks me in a note that I find in the kitchen in the mornings when he can tell I've had a stressful week

*he's quick to apologize, almost always first, even when we are both in the wrong

*he loves on our girls constantly & is best "girl" daddy - often putting up with being dressed up, playing polly pockets or reading princess fairytopia for the 100th time

*he always encourages me to get out of the house for a break when he can see I need one - saying yes to chances for me to spend time with friends if at all possible

*he does a million other little things that make me feel loved - he rubs my feet, helps me put away laundry, fixes everything around the house, keeps the yard, takes care of all of our finances, & on and on. He's the best!

4 comments:

Perks said...

Very sweet. You guys are such a great couple and amazing parents. Happy Anniversary!

Kelly said...

Congratulations!

Whitney said...

Glad yall had such a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary! I've never been inside the Gaylord Texan, but now I'm definitely wanting to go there sometime!

da momma said...

WOW! you have a good one honey! Yall are so cute! Happy 9th!