I have to say that this year was a little bittersweet. I spent the morning packing away baby stuff, making piles to give away, consign, & store. Tom took apart the crib & we hauled it up into the attic. It was an "independance day" of a different kind for us. Freedom from diapers, bottles, pacis, burpcloths, & cribs in our house. Hopefully also freedom from any discontent, envy, & bitterness in our hearts with God's help. We are rejoicing in the two amazing blessings that God has given us. When I see the picture below, I am overwhelmed with how good God has been to us. God reminded me when I was reading Job today that it isn't our place to question Him. Who am I to feel slighted that God planned to give us TWO children - for one, others around the world would give anything to have two healthy kids, and for two, He alone knows what plans He has for us that will bring Him the most glory. For the last 16 months, He has closed every door on us having another baby. We don't feel it's His plan for us to move any further down the infertility treatment road. But someday God may bless us with another child, perhaps even through adoption. Please pray with us that we have the eyes to see His plans for us & the ears to hear His voice clearly. For now, we are a party of four - and what a huge blessing that is.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Dayton, Party of Four
Happy fourth everyone! The last couple of years we have gone over to Tom's cousin Julia's house to swim, eat, & watch fireworks on the fourth. The kids have a ball playing with friends & we love getting to visit while the kids entertain themselves in the backyard.
I have to say that this year was a little bittersweet. I spent the morning packing away baby stuff, making piles to give away, consign, & store. Tom took apart the crib & we hauled it up into the attic. It was an "independance day" of a different kind for us. Freedom from diapers, bottles, pacis, burpcloths, & cribs in our house. Hopefully also freedom from any discontent, envy, & bitterness in our hearts with God's help. We are rejoicing in the two amazing blessings that God has given us. When I see the picture below, I am overwhelmed with how good God has been to us. God reminded me when I was reading Job today that it isn't our place to question Him. Who am I to feel slighted that God planned to give us TWO children - for one, others around the world would give anything to have two healthy kids, and for two, He alone knows what plans He has for us that will bring Him the most glory. For the last 16 months, He has closed every door on us having another baby. We don't feel it's His plan for us to move any further down the infertility treatment road. But someday God may bless us with another child, perhaps even through adoption. Please pray with us that we have the eyes to see His plans for us & the ears to hear His voice clearly. For now, we are a party of four - and what a huge blessing that is.

I have to say that this year was a little bittersweet. I spent the morning packing away baby stuff, making piles to give away, consign, & store. Tom took apart the crib & we hauled it up into the attic. It was an "independance day" of a different kind for us. Freedom from diapers, bottles, pacis, burpcloths, & cribs in our house. Hopefully also freedom from any discontent, envy, & bitterness in our hearts with God's help. We are rejoicing in the two amazing blessings that God has given us. When I see the picture below, I am overwhelmed with how good God has been to us. God reminded me when I was reading Job today that it isn't our place to question Him. Who am I to feel slighted that God planned to give us TWO children - for one, others around the world would give anything to have two healthy kids, and for two, He alone knows what plans He has for us that will bring Him the most glory. For the last 16 months, He has closed every door on us having another baby. We don't feel it's His plan for us to move any further down the infertility treatment road. But someday God may bless us with another child, perhaps even through adoption. Please pray with us that we have the eyes to see His plans for us & the ears to hear His voice clearly. For now, we are a party of four - and what a huge blessing that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a sweet post...that I'm sure was difficult to write. It's wonderful that you can be thankful and content with the blessings God has given you & know that HE has a plan for your future. Like you said in your post, another baby may come along one day when HE is ready. :) Great pics of the girls!
Sweet Amber, my heart aches for the dream you have given up, but you handle it so beautifully and your post puts it so eloquently. I pray that God will give your hearts comfort, your longings over to His perfect peace and that you keep the amazing attitude that you have today! Thank you so much for sharing this post with all of us.
Truly beautiful words. May God bless your honesty with strength, peace, and joy!
Sweet post. Praying for peace, patience and understanding.
That first picture of the girls is awesome! Simply beautiful!
Such a beautiful Party of Four. Dad and I are so proud of you and Tom for the Godly family you are raising up. You are an example to me personally every day to.....Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus... I Thes 5:18.
Love,
Mom
Such a sweet and honest post. I love your title and the picture of your girls is beautiful!
Amber, I'm just now getting around to reading your blog. I think you have written the sweetest words I have ever read.I am so glad my Thomas has a wife like you. You are a dream come true as far as being a great mom. The Dayton family is blessed to have you in it. I pray that God will give you the peace and understanding you ask for regarding more children. I love you. Suzi
Post a Comment