That night, a friend had gotten a group of us tickets to a ballet performance of Cinderella. The pics below were taken before we left. The ballet was long - 2 hours - but the girls did so well. Mae didn't have a nap (see the bye bye paci post), so I was especially impressed that she made it until the end at 9:30pm. I hadn't prepared the girls that it wasn't like a play - there were no lines - so Mae kept telling me, "shhhh mommy, I can't hear the princesses talking."
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Well rounded girls
I need to get one more post in before writing about all the fun & craziness of the last week of kindergarten! The girls had a really fun day last Saturday... we joked that it was a day of becoming more well rounded. I had a haircut that morning, so Tom needed to entertain them for a couple of hours. That always means something outside, & on this day he decided to let them fish with live bait for the first time. They picked up worms from an outdoor store & headed to a stocked pond. After LOTS of nibbles, they caught a little fish (see pics below) that the girls were so proud of. Anna really wanted to take it home to cook for dinner, but it was a catch & release pond - thank goodness!
That night, a friend had gotten a group of us tickets to a ballet performance of Cinderella. The pics below were taken before we left. The ballet was long - 2 hours - but the girls did so well. Mae didn't have a nap (see the bye bye paci post), so I was especially impressed that she made it until the end at 9:30pm. I hadn't prepared the girls that it wasn't like a play - there were no lines - so Mae kept telling me, "shhhh mommy, I can't hear the princesses talking."

That night, a friend had gotten a group of us tickets to a ballet performance of Cinderella. The pics below were taken before we left. The ballet was long - 2 hours - but the girls did so well. Mae didn't have a nap (see the bye bye paci post), so I was especially impressed that she made it until the end at 9:30pm. I hadn't prepared the girls that it wasn't like a play - there were no lines - so Mae kept telling me, "shhhh mommy, I can't hear the princesses talking."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is funny! I kind of thought the same thing about the ballet. I had not prepared Hannah and sat there and thought it was a good experience for her to know what a ballet really was, not sure I have ever been to one myself. I was thankful we knew the story since it was so long!
How beautiful. The girls are growing so fast
Post a Comment