On her way out of school that last day, Mrs. Smith kissed her on the forehead. She came up the steps and told me, "I'm never going to wash my face again because Mrs. Smith kissed me!" She sure has loved her teacher. I'll post more about how blessed this school year was in the next post on the kinder celebration, but I have to say that I am so thrilled that it is summer! I'm looking forward to slower mornings & more time with this sweet girl.
First day - Aug 2008
During the last week, I got to help with the kindergarten end of year party/beach day. Because of rain, we scrambled around to move the party into the cafeteria & had to get a little creative changing all of our planned water games. The kids loved it anyway & had so much fun playing bubbles, beach balls, relay races, tug of war, sand, an ice water marble grab, sidewalk chalk, & hot dog lunch in their classrooms.
Since the last week was nutty with swim lessons & all the kindergarten craziness, my mom came up so I could help her with wedding preparations & she could keep me sane while we ran around to one activity to the next. Thank you so much Grammy! Our roof was being replaced as well, so on the first very loud demo day we decided to let Anna pick anywhere to eat dinner to celebrate the end of school and get us out of the house. She went totally gourmet - Chick fil A & Marble Slab. We are fancy around here!
2 comments:
I loved the crazy week!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of all the fun with my beautiful grandaughters. Let's remember to remind Anna that her favorite meal was chicken nuggets and brownies when it was her choice to name the place to celebrate. Enjoy these simple days while they last.
Glad Anna had such a great last week of kindergarten! We enjoyed seeing yall for a few minutes during the big celebration at Chick-fil-A!
Post a Comment