Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anna's 6th birthday party


This post has lots of pictures, but I know that it will be one of Anna's favorites in the blog book. She had a great horse themed slumber party on the last day of school for her 6th birthday. Anna had talked for weeks about having her friends over to have stick horse races & a stick horse parade. Since most of our friends don't have them, we decided that making some as soon as they got to the party would be the best plan. She & her friends loved decorating & stuffing their horses. After that we went outside for a cowgirl picnic - Anna wanted hot dogs with "horse treats" - apples & carrots.







All lined up for the stick horse race... I love how Mae is hugging her horse. She was thrilled to be included in all of the big girl fun at the party.



And they're off!


Anna & Lauren posing with a carrot from our garden. Sweet friends.





Posing with the horse cake. The family fun website has cute cake ideas that are really easy - I loved how this one turned out! Anna originally said she didn't want to have a party at all because she doesn't like being the center of attention for the singing of happy birthday & being clapped for when you blow out the candles. She was really excited when I told her that at your own party you make the rules & we could skip that part!









We played some games, then watched a Disney horse movie.



Star gazing on the trampoline like real cowgirls. :) After that, we read a horse book & then I started the hour & a half long adventure of getting 9 giggly girls to sleep! That was the only time during the party that I wondered what I was thinking inviting seven 5 & 6 year olds to my house for a sleep over! Once I seperated the girls into different rooms upstairs we finally got some sleep.



We had cinnamon rolls the next morning, then played outside for a while until parents came for pickup. I'm sure our neighbors loved us having 9 crazy girls outside at the crack of dawn! Anna had a ball at this party, and I know that she made lots of sweet memories with these precious friends.




7 comments:

rhonda said...

What a perfect party for our "horse loving girl". My favorite shot is the one of Anna posing with her cake. What a beautiful smile on that sweet 6 year old face. Way to go, Mommy! You planned a great sleepover.

Mom

Holly said...

How fun! H had a great time & loves her stick horse. The next day she played with it most of the day! We had one so C was able to have one too. They were outside feeding horses, cows & pigs. It was funny! Cute cake! So sorry about the bedtime ordeal!

Kristen OQ said...

Looks like a fun party for your now 6 year old cowgirl!

Lana said...

Kylee loved the party and I love seeing all the pictures:) Fun!!!

Alyssa said...

What a wonderful party! Lauren had so much fun celebrating with her sweet friend. We love you, Anna!

Kelly said...

What a fun idea for a party. Super impressed with that cake!

Whitney said...

What a fun party! The cake was great too! I'm glad Anna and all of the girls had so much fun! This is only the beginning of late night slumber parties, Mommy!