We love Ms. Jody & I know that she does an amazing job with the kids - so I really wanted Mae to get to take from her despite the horrible timing. This year I was very nervous about Mae's lessons, but she went in the back gate like a big girl every day with a smile on her face. She came out after every lesson cold but happy. Those things in themselves are huge successes for us!
Unfortunately, the last class day (show off day) was terribly stormy. Since we were going to the wedding on Friday we weren't going to be able to go to the makeup day, so sweet Jody worked us into an afternoon class. That probably wasn't my brightest idea but I really wanted to see her swim. It was right in the middle of her nap, so I had to wake her up - not good timing at the end of an exhausting week. Temps were in the 70's with clouds & wind. To top it off, she was joining in a different class. She participated in the majority of the lesson, but I could tell she wasn't having fun & was really timid. Then the tears started. She was shivering from head to toe & cried for the last 5 minutes. Jody promises that she didn't cry & had fun the entire two weeks of lessons, but it was still hard to watch. I was so looking forward to seeing a happy swimmer after two years of tears with Anna (she has major fears about getting her eyes wet).
I'm still looking forward to getting in the pool with her to see all the strides that she made. Because of a virus that got passed around at swim lessons or church, we are still too sick to get in the pool. Mae ran high fever for 5 days, got a raging ear infection & now Tom & I have it too. Fun times!
1 comment:
I am so sorry that you guys have been so sick! I am so glad that Mae got to have a "program"... I was worried about that! Sorry it didn't quite go as well as hoped...I look forward to getting to see Camryn and Maelyn swim together soon!
Post a Comment