Tuesday, December 2, 2008

November

My most faithful reader (my mom of course) got onto me about neglecting my blog lately. November flew by! Here's a bit of what we've been up to...

Mae's preschool had a really cute feast. I was so impressed that the ministers of the church where she attends school served the feast. We just enjoyed time w/ our little ones & they did all the work! Anna had a fun feast at school as well, but I didn't get any pictures.


In the middle of the month, Anna's school also had a "yee haw fest" (their mascot is a wrangler). The girls had a so much fun playing little carnival games, getting their faces painted, eating cotton candy, seeing Santa, & winning candy. My mom & aunt got to be in town that weekend since Tom was out of town helping with Hurricane Ike relief work. Anna really liked being able to show off her school to them.

Besides loving on my mom & aunt, this little visitor was very popular. My aunt's dog - Fancy - didn't get a moment's peace the whole visit. Anna & Mae dressed her up over & over, pushed her around in the wagon, took her on walks, & built her "dog houses" in the playroom. She was very patient with them, but probably wasn't sad to leave.

This past week we spent 5 days at Tom's family's ranch in San Antonio for Thanksgiving. We all had a great visit & the girls had a ball with their Nana, Pappy, aunts, uncles, & cousins. Anna spent most of her time outside playing with the dogs, riding the gators, & making "strawberry soup". Mae & cousin Kaden played together all week like two peas in a pod... they were so sweet together. I didn't take many pics over the weekend, but Tom's aunt took some awesome ones of the family & of the girls. Thanks so much Aunt De!


strawberry soup (water, rocks, dirt, bugs, worms, & leaves... yum!)

2 comments:

rhonda said...

Thanks for the update. Since I check this every day and one of your Dad's greetings to me in the evening when he gets in from work is "Get any pictures today?", I had to do my part to keep you caught up. Can't get enough of reading about my girls.

Veda said...

Fancy and I had so much fun. I loved being with the girls and seeing how gentle they were with their furry friend. I also check this site daily and have commented several times to your mom "Amber is falling down on the job." :) You do such a great job as a mom that I don't know how you ever have time for this.