Monday, December 22, 2008

More Christmas Fun

Our sweet girls. They are at such fun ages for Christmas this year. Surprisingly Anna hasn't hit the phase where she is logically trying to figure out the Santa thing, although that will come soon! Right now she asks a million questions a day about God, heaven, & baptism, but Santa is flying under her radar this year. Maelyn "gets it" this Christmas & asks often when Santa will be at her house, but also totally understands that this is Jesus' birthday. It is so much fun to have two girls enjoying the holiday!
Here is Anna's Dear Santa letter...
"Santu. I wont a not roking hors. Brown hors toks. Pupe that has a lesh. Anna Dayton"
Translation: Santa, I want a not rocking horse. Brown that talks. Puppy that has a leash.
She's referring to that Butterscotch horse that talks (it's not on a rocker, but just stands there). I have it on good authority from Santa that she won't be getting that (it's about $300!). I put the second wish item in her head because I happen to know that Santa is bringing her a Pucci Pup - Santa is on a strict budget this year because he's sending us on a ski trip the week after Christmas!

I didn't get very good pictures, but the girls had a ball today at the "Happy Birthday Jesus" party hosted by some friends. They had a scavenger hunt to search for the figures of a nativity set, had lunch, destroyed a playroom, and made ornaments that said, "what God wants for Christmas is you" with mirror inside. It's such a blessing to share Christmas with friends who focus on the real reason for the season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Santa letter and pics from Bday Party for Jesus!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Sure love you! :)