We are in full holiday mode! I can't believe that it's already happening, but we always kick into high gear around Halloween & don't slow down until after Christmas. My calender is so full of "to do's", but I don't want to forget all the sweet memories of the girls at these ages because I'm too busy running around like a crazy chicken. I'm going to try so hard this year not to take on too much so that I can savor these times. This post will be random, but I don't want to forget all these little every day details that are such blessings.
Trick or treating was a ball this year. We opted to stay home to enjoy time with our neighbors this year & were so glad. The girls loved it & we are set for candy for the rest of the year. I love this shot of Mae trying to figure out why in the world she just got a toothbrush in her bucket (one of our neighbors is an orthodontist - we'll be visiting him often one day I'm sure!).
Other random memories...
* Mae loves preschool - one of the highlights of her life right now is getting to be shining star in class (bringing snack & a show & tell). Last week she brought hokey pokey Elmo & told me when I picked her up, "Mom, my friends all danced the hokey pokey - it was SO cool!" I told her she was so cool. She said, "no Mom, I'm not berry so cool". Oh, but you are... since you are two & even understand the word "cool".
* Mae overheard me talking to the lady who cuts my hair on the phone. When I got off she said, "I cut hair too, Mommy." I told her that only grown ups cut hair, never kids. She told me over & over, "It's ok Mommy, everyone makes mistakes... I cut my own hair. But don't worry, everyone makes mistakes." This is a girl with a plan, & I'm hiding all of the scissors in the house.
* Anna is definately my child that marches to the beat of her own drum. She is just herself through & through. Tonight as we watched the new Tinkerbell movie there was a scene where Tink gets really disappointed in herself & doesn't like her role in Pixie Hollow. Anna said, "Tink shouldn't be sad, she should be proud of herself. You are who you are." Amen, sweet Anna. Please don't forget that!
No comments:
Post a Comment