Friday, May 9, 2008

Preschool Graduation

It's been a big week for our big girl! First kindergarten round up on Monday, then preschool graduation Thursday night. I definately can't be in denial now... she's growing up. Maybe it's just self preservation, but I don't feel anxious & sad like I expected to. I'm just excited that she's doing just what God created her to... growing in wisdom & stature. She's gotten so much out of her years in preschool - I'm so thankful that God blessed us with Circle of Friends & with her specific teachers & classmates. I feel in my heart that kindergarten is going to be just as great. It's going to be so fun watching her discover new things... just like when she learned to walk, I know that there is going to be lots of excitement but lots of falls too. I hope I'm ready for when she comes home crying that someone made fun of her or that she got embarrassed... but I know that God is going to be holding both of our hands all the way.

She was so hyper & excited before the program - I couldn't get her dressed because she was just giggling & running in circles. She kind of hit the wall during the program & yawned a lot and stared off in space some, but she also threw us lots of smiles & sang most of the time. They picked such sweet songs & poems to perform. She got her second wind when we got home & was giddy as I put her to bed. She asked, "mom, does this mean I'm 5 now?" No, not until June. "Do I get to go to kindergarten tomorrow?" No, not until August. I'm so glad that life doesn't move at her pace - I'm not THAT ready yet!




1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love the picture of the 4 girls- it's adorable! It reminds me of a picture you'd see of 4 best friends graduating from high school! Only 13 more years :)