Monday, May 5, 2008

K Round Up

I'm sure I'm not biased, but aren't they the cutest little future kindergartners you've ever seen? Kylee & Anna got to tour the school tonight, meet the teachers, & do a scavenger hunt around the building while registering for kindergarten. Where have five years gone? We've been so prayerful about our decision for Anna's schooling next year... she's a summer birthday and so many families that we love & respect have held their little ones for another year. We kept praying for peace about what to do... she says she wants to go & seems ready for her little mind to be engaged all day. She's also tiny & very sensitive, so it was a tough decision. God seems to be nudging us in the school direction though - I feel great about our school being right down the street & all that I've heard about it is positive. The atmosphere tonight was very warm & comfortable and Anna seemed so excited. I know that next year when it's really time to send her off I'll be sad & so lonely for her... but honestly right now I'm just excited about this next step. I think she's going to love all the activities, music & art class, eating lunch with friends every day, etc. We plan on taking her to pray over the playground and all around the school as part of a special date night right before school starts, and I know that God is going to hear us & watch over her next year. He loves her even more than we do - amazing!




7 comments:

Kelly said...

How exciting!

Perks said...

I know everyone has their opinions so just go with where your heart and mind lead you and be confident that God is directing your path.

Chloe is an August birthday and she had just turned 5 when she started Kinder, but we really felt like she was ready. This year has been wonderful, and we have no regrets. We know God's hand guided us in this way.

It's definitely an adjustment period, but Chloe has loved, loved, loved going to school everyday. She would even get sad on weekends and holidays when she couldn't go. I know...strange. I'm certain that'll change over the years! :)

Monica said...

Sweet picture of her and Kylee. I will be talking with you when it is time to send Annie. We will be in the same situation with a late birthday. Little Anna looks READY to go.

April Carrasco said...

Amber, Kyler's birthday is August 5 and she has done great in kindergarten. I am sure Anna will do just fine and I am glad she will have familiar faces with her. Y'all will be in my prayers. It is a hard step but she will love it!

Kristen OQ said...

Our roundup, like I said tonight at church, is tomorrow morning. I am excited, nervous, and peaceful all at the same time about sending Sam to school this fall. We feel fortunate too that he will be going with a couple of sweet friends from church.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how it went! Your pictures make it seem so much more real. I'm excited and terrified for you (and with you) all at the same time.
As usual I just plan to watch and learn from all you wise women with older babes! We'll be praying for you all the way.
Love your fam so much!

Kylie said...

I'm so glad to hear your take on Kinder. I keep feeling like I'll need to be institutionalized in August, b/c I'll be so sad. But, I like how you said you are excited about this next stage. Thanks for being the voice of reason.......I needed to hear that!