Monday, April 7, 2008

A Weekend of Encouragement

This weekend was a whirlwind, but a time that I know I'll always be thankful for. Our dear friends, Jenny & Brad, who I've posted about before, were being honored & lifted up at their home church this weekend. Some sweet friends from college organized a weekend trip to rally around them as they fight against Brad's cancer. We headed down Friday after Tom's work & got into my parents late that night. Early the next day we took Anna down with us for a full day at J & B's home church in Houston. It was a day full of blessings - getting to catch up with tons of college friends, singing (one of Brad's favorite things), old Ag skits from our AFC days, and prayer time over them. Lots of tears were shed, but overall it was an encouraging & uplifting time. I was so thankful that God allowed us to be a part of it, and also that He had his hand on our girls this weekend. Anna was amazingly good - we were at the church for almost 12 hours & she was awesome the whole time! Also, we felt it best to leave Maelyn with my parents and we thanked God for that decision because she woke up from her nap Saturday with a random 103 degree fever. We would have had to head home early & would have exposed all our friends kids! Instead she was in my parents capable hands & was easily cured with tylenol & popsicles. :) Thank you Lord! Please continue to pray for Brad & Jenny (you can link to their blog & get updates), especially as Brad faces another surgery tomorrow. They have such an amazing testimony & their faith has remained so strong through all of this - we are blessed to know them. Hopefully Jenny will have pics of the weekend on her blog soon - I was kicking myself for forgetting my camera on Saturday!

On Sunday, we played at the park & stopped by campus for a few pictures. These are a few that we caught smiles/silly faces in, but Anna was actually pretty grouchy from being up until midnight the night before bc of our drive home from Houston & Mae also was out of sorts from another spike of fever. Someday I'll learn that my kids just don't like staged photo shoots.
Wishes on Sully - an Aggie tradition - Anna wished to fly, swim like Ariel, for a puppy, kitty, & bunny, and to fly in an airplane. i think most of the other pennies on Sully were to pass exams. :)


I can't resist pics of Daddies & grandpa's holding little ones hands. So precious.


Climbing on the century tree - maybe she'll get engaged here someday (that's another Aggie tradition... there's a bench under this tree where lots of proposals happen)!






3 comments:

tamandscott said...

Hey, Amber! I have a bunch of your baby stuff that Jenny sent with me last time I was in Houston. It's in my garage. You can email me, and I'd be happy to meet you somewhere and get it to you. Thanks, and I'm so glad you were able to go down there this past weekend!
Tammie

tamandscott@hotmail.com

Lana said...

Love all your pictures so cute of your girls. Kylee was looking with me and said all on her own Why is Anna wearing Aggies? I guess she is already learning about Anna's "school" colors.

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

Those pictures of your girls are SO precious!! I love them. I hope Mae is feeling better this week.