Friday, April 25, 2008

Big girl!

Look who's in their big girl bed! We've had a week of great sleep with no problems out of the crib. We tried it last week for nap time with great success, so we started night time sleep Sunday night. Mae can be adventurous, so we said she could stay in her crib until she went off to college... but once she could climb in & out I got too nervous about her falling on her head. I just love it when they surprise you by making a big transition seem like no big deal. Getting rid of the paci's will be another story (in the picture below she had to show off all three - she wants at least that many in her bed at all times). We won't tackle that one for a while. :)


Now I get to decorate her big girl room. Aunt Pris was here last weekend & helped me paint the room a toffee brown. This week I've been sewing & painting during nap time. I'll post finished room pics when I get it all done someday!
I know this is random to add to this post, but my other big girl has been saying some silly things lately that I just don't want to forget. She cracks me up every day.
*every night Anna comes down to say that she isn't sleepy enough for bed yet. We send her back up every night & she always says, "but I'm just bursting with energy!" I wish I felt that way all the time.
*While Aunt Pris was here she was blow drying her hair in the bathroom & Anna came in to tell her, "um, excuse me... I don't mean to be rude, but could you please keep it down in there?" How do you get on to them when you are laughing?
*Nana Suzi & Pris' three kids were all here at once - it was a wild & crazy weekend! At one point when none of the kids would sit at the table for more than a minute to eat Anna said with a sigh, "well, at least they are being entertaining." Good grief.

4 comments:

rhonda said...

She looks like she has found a treasure chest in her bed. Love that sweet face.

Whitney said...

That is a precious picture! Granted Austin is only 6 weeks old, but I think he's definitely going to be one of those kids that has a hard time giving up his paci too! He sucks on that thing like there is no tomorrow!

Monica said...

Amber that is the sweetest picture of sweet Mae. She is proud of her paci's .... have fun with that one!! : ) I love her p.j.s too. Glad she is doing well out of the crib.

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

My favorite posts are always the ones that share funny stories about what the kids say....I loved Anna's quotes...too cute!