In other news around our house, the girls had a ball camping with Tom this past weekend. He & a dozen other daddies & TWENTY kids (6 & under!) went for an overnight campout. He said that the girls were great & they had lots of fun stories. My favorites... when Tom checked on the girls after putting them in the tent for bed with strict "no talking" instructions, he heard Anna & her little friend Abby having a loud snoring contest. They were snorting & giggling - but not talking. :) I was also so glad to hear that Maelyn was a good camper - no getting lost in the woods - although Tom lost track of her while setting up the tent. She turned out to have climbed back in the open van after Tom had a brief panic. She's our brave girl, so we were so glad that was the only mischief she got into! I also cracked up to hear that on Saturday Tom & our neighbor, Mike, were ready to head home without taking the girls fishing... of course the girls begged so they conspired to just let them drop their lines in, thinking they could trick our smart fisherwomen! After they fished for a minute Anna said, "Daddy, this is just not right! You are supposed to have hooks, & bobbers, & meat!" Her one fishing experience a year ago made an impression I guess.
I'm so thankful that my girls have such an awesome Daddy who wants to make great memories with them, even though it involved lots of work on his part. I'm also so grateful that we are surrounded by so many awesome families at our church & our neighborhood so that our girls will grow up with great role models of the kind of men that make wonderful husbands & fathers.
6 comments:
precious, precious pictures. What great memories for the girls and for Tom. I love watching kiddos with their daddies--its an amazing bond that warms a mommy's heart beyond anything else.
And WHAT an accomplishment with Soccer! That's awesome!
What a wonderful experience for Tom and the girls! I was so impressed...matching outfits...he even fixed their hair...including bows! Under those circumstances, I would be proud for my children to just be dressed at all. That trip sure looked like fun!
This is absolutely wonderful! I am so glad that they got this opportunity, and I love seeing the pictures! It was great to see you last weekend at the retreat!
Hi Amber,
I found your blog again. It sounds like it was a fun trip for everyone. That is so impressive of all of the dads! Your girls are cuties!
Kelly
What a fun camping trip!! I am with Anna on the hooks and bobbers, but meat??? What kind of fish do you guys catch? : ) Too cute! It is so great for Dad's to take their daughters out like that. I have great camping memories with my dad.
Such an awesome idea. What a neat memory. That is what I loved about RHCC, so many opportunities. Your girls are precious.
Post a Comment