Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm officially a soccer mom!

She got to kick the ball twice her in game & throw in once - but her smile was what we were most proud of! Aren't those uniforms so cute? She looks like she borrowed her Daddy's jersey.
She did it! We got through our first game with no tears. :) Anna wasn't really excited about the game this morning, but got in the spirit when we let her pick out a sucker for herself & her friend, Kylee, who was going to be on the "visiting" team today. We reminded her that having a good attitude & participating for the whole game was our goal for the day. I know she was really nervous, but she was so brave! Each time she was put in she went out without any coaxing, and even ran after the ball a bit towards the end. Most of the time she just stood still & watched the commotion out there, but we were thrilled! She's never even seen a soccer game (not even on tv), and new things are really out of her comfort zone, so this was so exciting. We hope that if she did this well at the first game she'll really warm up to the idea & enjoy the season. Thanks for your prayers - I know that God was enabling her today!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber! I'm so proud of Anna too!
You're a good mom for helping her foster that bravery! I'm learning from you. :)
Loved the pics--her coach seems so nice!

Sarah said...

These are priceless pictures. I hope that soccer will help spur Anna's bravery on! My doctor has highly recommended organized sports as a means of helping with Logan's shyness, so I think you're definitely doing the right thing!!! I love watching our friends kids and I love watching our friends be parents! Its so special--thanks for sharing!

rhonda said...

I am so proud of Anna for being brave enough to do this. I can't believe she is old enough already to be on the team. Where did the time go? mom

Kendra said...

I would love nothing more than to watch sweet little Anna Kate play soccer. What a cutie. Glad you guys are enjoying it, and that she is having a good time!