This isn't an exciting post, but just a morning I want to remember. We had such a busy week last week that we decided to hang out at home all day, mostly in our jammies, and just enjoy each other. What really needed to happen was getting the floor mopped (it's really yuck), but why not make sure it's good and messy first? Here are a few pics from our morning.

Mae stood by the backdoor watching the rain for a while & then got one of her smart two year old ideas and found her rain boots. She was looking for her "coat" and I thought she meant her winter one but she was thinking of this elmo raincoat she hasn't seen in months. They are just smarter than you give them credit for sometimes! She had a ball playing in the puddles and lugging around our huge beach umbrella. We had some sweet snuggles as we huddled under it and watched to rain together.



Anna didn't want to be left out, so she lugged around the umbrella for a while too - it went well with her jammies. :)

I had promised the girls that we could cook muffins together so while Mae & I were outside Anna got started. I came in to find her w/ a big pot stirring flour. Like I said, why mop until the floor is really dirty?

This was our last messy activity this morning. Yesterday Anna had a neighbor friend over to play who she loves. They were having some typical four year old moments & we had to end the playdate a little early since they both were being pretty grouchy to each other. I didn't think that phased Anna, but the first thing she asked to do today was make a "sorry box". I'm not sure where she got the idea, but she said a sorry box is what you give someone when you are sorry for how you acted. She spent an hour cutting, glueing, and painting a shoebox and put a note inside that just said, "sorry".
She has such a sweet & empathetic heart. One of her hugest strong points is having a caring spirit... I know that God is going to use her loving nature for His mighty work someday!
3 comments:
What a great picture of Mae. She looks so sweet! And a sorry box...wow! That's too cute!
What sweet, precious girls you have! I love the rain pictures and I'm so intrigued by how sweet Anna was to think of and actually follow through on her "sorry" box. Priceless memories!
Post a Comment