Can you believe this weather?! Yesterday we played outside & I was pushing my long sleeves up- it was a tad warm. Today - full ski gear! Anna was standing on her head she was so excited for Mae to wake up from her nap so that we could go out in it. The first 5 minutes were great... Tom got home & Mae kept shouting, "Look Daddy, SNOW!" over and over. My fun filled family afternoon kind of went down hill from there though. Mae wouldn't keep her gloves and & cried for the rest of the time, and Anna was pretty
about the snow blowing in her face. Sometimes those hallmark moments you
just don't happen in real life! The neighbor kids had an awesome time playing with our sled, but my girls weren't so enthusiastic. Oh well, I was glad that Daddy got to come home early so that I could escape to a hot bath once I'd had enough of the kid's tears!

Just a few other random things I've been meaning to blog about... as you can see above, we finally got a child who enjoys eating! Mae can put away some food - and I love it! I'll be posting more about all her cuteness in a few days when she has her birthday - I can't believe she's almost two!

Our other sweet girl has been busy growing lately too, we feel like we are entering a new phase with her. In positive ways, like above, she's really getting so competent and
independant w/ so many things. I had to take this pic
bc she had picked out this outfit (yes, the skirt is backwards), gotten her own snack out (and didn't ask me to cut up the apple), and then set the table w/out my prompting while I was on the computer earlier this week. In some ways though, we've struggled to set new limits & work on finer details of discipline (like tone of voice and
respectfullness). That stuff has actually worn me out more than the two's ever did! One of the things she's said often lately is "that doesn't surprise me"... as in Mom: "Anna, you are going to be hungry later
bc we aren't eating anything else tonight." Anna: "that doesn't surprise me". She's got it all figured out - so she thinks! Her little wheels are always turning... here are some of the comments she made while we watched an Adam & Eve Bible story cartoon recently...
"When God made the shark did it bite him? When He made the bee did it sting him? When He made a dog did it lick him?" And on and on.
"Won't it be so much fun when God reaches His hand down and we all get to crawl up His arm into heaven someday?"
"Is God bigger than a shark? A whale? A river? Is God bigger than Kylee's TV?" Wow - that must be some TV Charley!
5 comments:
Well, they certainly couldn't be cuter in their ski gear (that you bought recently for next year's ski trip...didn't know you would use it so soon). They may not have loved the snow, but they were well dressed while they whined.That's OK, Grammy will sit by the fire in the condo next January and watch them run up and down the stairs while you guys ski.
At least the pictures of them in the snow were cute! Maybe they will enjoy it more next time! :)
I remember how exciting it used to be to get all bundled up to go out and play in the snow too- but it usually only lasts for a little bit before you have to start deal with being cold and wet. Sometimes I wonder... is it worth it? OF COURSE IT IS!
You guys really did get some snow! How fun!
Love the picture of Mae eating! :)
The snow was so fun yesterday. I loved watching it just pour down!! Now it is all nice and sunny. We have the same coat for next year. I don't know many little girls who like getting snow in their face. Kendra had the same problem with Brady taking his gloves off. He cried when he stuck his hands in the snow. I guess you have to be 2 to understand the purpose of a glove? : )
CUTE girls!!! And I can just hear sweet Anna asking all those questions! he!
Post a Comment