Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break & Easter

For spring break, Mae ran off & joined a motorcycle gang! Not really, but she did get to sit on Uncle Josh's bike. We are going to have to really watch this little speed demon... she wanted the helmet on, & kept closing the visor because she was ready to take off. After Josh turned on the engine for a minute she kept saying, "I wanna ride it again!" and trying to press the starter again. She cried buckets when we finally made her get off.

The girls had a great visit at my parents in College Station over the week, and Tom & I got 3 days to ourselves - what fun! I got to paint our playroom & we got to go on two date nights - I was so excited you'd think we were on a huge vacation. I love my girls to pieces but a few days of quiet was wonderful! Here are a few pics from the week & from Easter.





Grandaddy's store always has bunnies at Easter time. Every year we get to go & visit... so far I've resisted all begging to bring one home.

Dying eggs & our hands. It took eye make up remover, then WD 40, then paint thinner, then lots of dishsoap to get Anna's hands presentable again - she looked like a smurf.

Egg hunt - we cheated when we read the weather report calling for rain & chilly temps on Sunday... we told the girls that the Easter bunny hopped by Sat afternoon & got them in their dresses to hunt eggs a day early. Don't tell them that is against the Easter bunny rules.





My brother Josh, his girlfriend Jenny, & her little girl Madison. The girls love playing with Madison when they are in College Station. She's a great little playmate!


My other brother Mike & his girlfriend, Krystal. We were so glad that they got to come up from Houston & spend time with us too.
Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beau-ti-ful pictures Amber! I'm glad that you guys got to have some "kid-free" time...its so important and all too often overlooked. You should post pictures of the painted playroom. I'm anxious to see what you did! : )

Whitney said...

I love the girls' Easter dresses- BEAUTIFUL! Glad you and Tom were able to enjoy some time without the kids- I'm already needing some of that & it's only been 2 weeks! :)