Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our Little Monkey Turns 2!

Our sweet little monkey is 2! How is that possible? This past year has flown by (doesn't every mommy say that - it's true!). We feel so blessed to have Mae in our family... I'm not a writer, so I won't do her justice, but there are so many things that we just love about this sweet girl. Just a few:

*She's got a joyful spirit... always smiling & giggling, very easy to entertain - I want to always remember her birthday party morning. She & Anna were snuggling in our bed after we got them up & we told her that not only were we getting donuts ("no-nuts") that day, but she was going to have her party. She was beside herself with joy - clapping, laughing, & bouncing up & down squeeling, "no-nuts & party hat, no-nuts & party hat!" We don't know why, but she looked forward to wearing a party hat more than anything about her birthday!

*She's so affectionate... if she is in the same room with us, not five minutes goes by that she doesn't come & ask for "hug & kiss". She's so snuggly - I try to always drop what I'm doing when she asks for "snunnle" because I know these days will fly by!

*She's so bright & curious... we are so busy with two that there isn't a lot of time to sit down & practice new things, but somehow she's picked up so much in these past few months from us & her sister - she knows all her shapes, colors, animals, & almost all of her numbers & letters by sight. Overnight she went from counting to 2 to counting to 13! We have no desire to start potty training yet, but she's taught herself & now goes every time we sit her on the potty. How did she do that? I'm amazed that our little one who couldn't hear for 4 months from ear infections can now talk in sentences.

*She's so silly & brings so much laughter into our house. She has a great fake laugh that she uses just to make us all smile when things are too serious. She's always doing something entertaining - goofy dances, silly faces... she's just so fun to have around & we adore her!

(You can click on these pics to enlarge them. :))
Anna enjoyed opening presents a little more than Mae... she was happy w/ her dum-dum sucker from the pinata (below).


We were so blessed by her party this year! God arranged perfect weather & so many great church friends & neighbors got to come & celebrate with us. We were so thankful!






The bubble machine was a huge hit - I think that we could have skipped the party & just turned on this bubble maker for a while & she would have been thrilled!



We love you birthday girl!

6 comments:

Julia said...

Precious girl! It looks like the party was a blast - I'm so glad it was a nice day for being outside, and I'm so sorry we missed it. We love that sweet girl and its so hard to believe she's two! It doesn't seem like that long ago that we had Anna at our house making pancakes & got the call that she was already here! What a blessing she is to us! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad for the great pictures! Now I feel like I was there (I hated to miss)! What a fun party--we love sweet Mae Mae!
How can she already be two?!
Love you all!

Kristen OQ said...

I hate that we missed the party! It looks like it was lots of fun for everyone. And the cupcakes are ADORABLE!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Mae! Katie sure does love her sweet friend MaeMae and had a ball at her party. Everything was just great and we loved celebrated her 2nd year:)

Anonymous said...

Precious girls and fun pictures! Love, Erin Shiver :)

da momma said...

fun bday!
whoever takes all your pics does a great job! see ya next week @ the JBF sale?