A couple weekends ago we headed to College Station for a reunion of the Aggies for Christ - whoop! Tom's dad was a member of the "original 12" guys who went on the first trip that founded the AFC in the 70's. This reunion celebrated 40 years of friendships, service, training, & fellowship... as well as honored the long time campus ministers - Bob & Myrt Davidson. The AFC was so important to both Tom & I in college - it was our fraternity/sorority, church, friend circle, & mission field training all rolled into one. We adore Bob & Myrt - I have so many fun memories of them from weekend trips & AFCO ("ya gotta be tough, flexible, & optimistic!"). It was fun to visit with lots of college friends & get to spend time with both sets of grandparents. I, unfortunately, chose that weekend to get the worst head cold of the year, so I missed some of the activities, but we did get to go to a huge devo at the academic building Saturday night together as well as church on Sunday. Mae came with us to the devo & it was a sweet experience to sing with hundreds of Aggies on campus just like we did every week as college students - only this time with a very sleepy blond middle child on our laps. Friday night we also got to go to our first Aggie baseball game as a family of 5, plus Grammy, Dingdaddy, Nana, & Pappy. They have built a playground right next to the grass seating area that was perfect for Judah, and the girls were happy with all the good ballpark snacks - very little baseball watching happened but we had a great time!















1 comment:
It was wonderful having you guys here even though you were sick. I was glad to spend some extra time with Judah while you recouped.
Post a Comment