In 2008 we planted a tree in the backyard on Mother's Day, and the kids & I took a picture in front of it. I decided that would be a fun tradition to take a picture in that spot every year... and we've remembered every year but one. I have a good excuse. Just before Mother's Day in 2010 we found out about Judah being on his way, so my brain wasn't working too well during those weeks. Sad to skip a year, but it was for a good cause :).
I had a fabulous Mother's Day because I am blessed with 3 sweet kids & an amazing husband. The girls made me cards at school & at home, & even put some of their allowance money inside! I'm going to use the cash to buy some books for my big mother's day gift from Tom - a kindle. I've never had a reader & I'm sure I'm going to love it. I feel so thankful every year on this day when I realize how amazing God's grace is - I was blessed with a wonderful mom who I treasure, a wonderful mother-in-law who raised a godly son, & He has given me 3 precious kids to raise. He is good!
1 comment:
I just love this. Looking back at them is so fun. We forgive you for skipping that one year.
Post a Comment