I've gotten very behind on blogging... mostly because playing with Judah all day doesn't allow much computer time, but also because when we are out at events I don't remember to take many pictures as I sprint around chasing him in 30 directions. I have these random pictures taken from friends blogs (thanks Kristen & Alyssa!), from the few camera shots I've gotten lately, and from my cell phone. I included those because I also learned a hard lesson this month... I washed my iphone in the washing machine with a load of sheets as I tried to do 10 things at once one morning. I lost all my cell pictures & vidoes. That made me resolve to download them every once in a while & post some of our day to day silly phone pictures. Here goes...
Anna with friends at our church's elementary retreat at Pine Cove. She loved every minute - but her favorite things were the "pitch black attack"game, horse back riding, and the snack bar.
Mae at our last mother daughter tea party (3 year olds through kinder girls). It was a candyland themed wonderland of sweets & soooo cute.
Judah boy with his awesome trampoline hair. He would spend every waking minute outside playing with balls if I let him.
Mae dressed for her soccer lesson (can you tell she picks her own outfits?). We didn't do extra curricular activities this year to simplify, but have let her go to a few lessons taught by a high school girl with her neighbor friend Emma. Her favorite part about the lesson is getting to put her shin guards & tennis shoes on - it's all about the shoes for this girl. She does not get that from me.
Bubby knows that if you get a hat & shoes on that means you are going outside, so he often finds someones' shoes (no matter what size), and something that can go on his head (here he is with a butterfly net as a hat), then waits by the door begging, "ca-cide, ca-cide, ca-cide!" - baby talk for "take me outside please before I have a huge meltdown".
Our first ripe tomato from our garden.
The mother's day treat that she & her friend Abby made for Abby's mom & I one afternoon totally on their own. They added fresh herbs from the garden on top of our fruit kebabs.
Our small group has been doing a "faith in action" series of weekly outreach in the community in place of our Bible class time. We (by we I mean Tom & the girls, I spent 90% of the time chasing Judah) cleaned up & gardened in a widows yard, handed out gift cards at Sonic to unsuspecting customers, collected food in our neighborhood for the CEC food pantry, and restocked & organized food pantry shelves at a childrens' home. The kids loved it & we were so blessed by the experience. My favorite story from week 2 of our adventure - on the way home from Sonic we asked Mae what she said when she passed out her gift cards. She said, "Here is some money for your dinner. Thank you for choosing Sonic!" I bet those people were a little confused.
Mae participated in the kindergarten Barnyard Moosical where she was the cutest goat there. ;) She had a very important speaking line, "Tin cans & paper, that's how most goats dine!" that she knocked out of the park. Love our little grey goat.
Judah just learned to ride this wooden toy that my Papaw made for Anna when she was born. It held up so well to the million miles Anna & Mae rode on it, we'll see how it does now with a boy driver!


No comments:
Post a Comment