Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break part 2

The rest of spring break was great... mainly because Tom took off Thurs & Fri to hang out with us. I love time with all 5 of us at home with no big plans. We spent most of Thurs putting in a raised garden bed. Tom picked up a load of dirt & we filled this box he made with good dirt & starter plants. Luckily I labeled the plants with penciled names on the side of the beds, because Judah removed all the plant tags every time we turned around. I don't have a green thumb, but we are hoping that SOMETHING lives so that the kids (and me!) can be excited about fresh veggies.
The last Sunday of spring break we met my parents & brothers family at a state park where they were camping. We spent the afternoon hiking, bug catching, celebrating Mae's birthday, eating dinner, homemade cobbler & "worm dirt", and watching Judah & Paige get filthy. It was a perfect day!






1 comment:

rhonda said...

Fun times for sure. I am so glad you guys joined us on Sunday. I want to go back when it is warm and the kids can wade with water shoes on. Love, love, love the picture of Judah in the backwards hat.