Thursday, March 8, 2012
Bronson Rock
My Dad said I should blog this after I told him this story... kind of random, but still a funny memory. Last Monday night our church was having the last meeting in a series that the men had been doing on the movie, Courageous. We were supposed to attend the session as a family so that our husbands could pledge to us to be men of courage, integrity, & leaders in our home. Tom surprised us by coming home early that day & said that he wanted to take us to dinner before we went to the church. He told me to choose the restaurant & I had a hankering for a burger so I suggested one of the new Keller burger places. One that I saw looked cute - lots of picnic tables outside of a converted gas station... Bronson Rock. We headed inside with our three kids, diaper bag, & highchair cover (you couldn't miss us) - and immediately saw that we had chosen a BIKER BAR. The whole restaurant is dominated by a huge bar, neon signs, and motorcycle riders. The bartender came around & was so sweet that we felt weird turning around to leave. She sat us in one of the booths on the other side of the bar, and actually pulled up a highchair. She said there was no kids menu, but we could get a plain chicken sandwich & cut it up. The diners around us were - interesting - I'll leave it at that. There were a few business men there for happy hour & one other clueless family wandered in while we were waiting for our food. The girls played tic tac toe on the napkins while Tom & I tried to make loud conversation to cover up the cuss words in the songs they were playing on the sound system. They said our burgers would take a while so I took Judah out to walk around on the patio, and I'm sure all the people driving down Main wondered why I had my baby at a bar. Or maybe they were all as clueless as me! I guess when the weather gets nice & the picnic tables can be used it will get a more family atmosphere... but there is a whole parking lots striped for motorcycles, so maybe not. Anyway, the food was good and I told Tom that it was definately not our usual predictable dinner. After we ate we headed to church for a sweet service & cookies - such a funny contrast! Anyhow, Anna loves us to tell silly family stories so I thought I'd make sure we remembered this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can just visualize this scene. Oh what a surprise.
Post a Comment