One day I'll think this is funny... typical mommy day:
5am - Judah wakes up screaming, I feed him but he doesn't want to go back to bed. He's been such a pill this week! Blaming teething. After about 5 minutes of crying he goes back to sleep. I'm not so lucky. I lay in bed until my alarm goes off at 6:20 - thinking about our day & praying.
6:30am - wake the girls. It's cold in the house bc we didn't turn the heat back on after the warm spell. I let the girls have hot chocolate for a special "last day of school before spring break" treat. We eat on the fireplace hearth with the fire going per Anna's request.
7:30am - run carpool after a nutty hour of getting everyone dressed in green for "lucky to be a wrangler day" at school.
8:00am - put Judah in the bathtub so I can get ready for his well check this morning. He's been so high maintenace this week that I can only get something done if he's outside or in the tub. He then poops in the tub. Awesome. Bleach tub & bath toys.
8:15am - Mae's kinder teacher calls & says she lost her earring back. Also, check Judah's ears with the fluid monitor... one side showing lots of fluid. Good thing we are going to the pedi today.
8:30am - stop by school to replace Mae's earring. Judah flirts with all the secretaries.
9:00am - wait in drs office for an hour while wrestling Judah to keep him off yucky floor. He does have an ear infection & we get an ENT referral. Otherwise, he's a healthy boy & we are thankful.
10:15am - prescription isn't ready so we go across the street to McDonald's for a fruit & yogurt parfait while we wait on the meds
11:00am - home for lunch. After antibiotic & tylenol, Judah actually lets me unload the dishwasher & do some laundry while he pulls stuff out of cabinets (he is stronger than some of our cabinet locks)
11:45am - Judah bangs on keyboard & erases all of this post. I retype after putting him down for a nap - halleluah!
12:15pm - check emails, then I need a power nap, it's been a looong week.
2:00pm - Judah is up, squeeze in some laundry while he has a snack.
2:45pm - go get the girls. We nixed our plans to go to the children's museum bc of Judah's ear, so I asked Lana if her girls could come play a while. So thankful for sweet friends. The best part - Tom showed up at pickup. He has been working late this week so he came home early to help me with stinker boy. Yeah! I'm always so glad to see him, especially today.
5:00pm - Kylee & Katie go home, so we eat a quick dinner. Tom & I have leftover pulled pork barbque that I made a neighbor who had a baby yesterday, and the girls have grilled cheese.
6:00pm - Friday night is movie night lately - we are watching some of the Disney classics. We tried "Shaggy Dog" this week. The girls liked it even though they didn't follow all the plot. Judah kept begging for more popcorn pieces & candy, when we cut him off Tom had to take him down for a bath.
8:00pm - All the kids in bed. Tom & I have our movie night - Moneyball (baseball movie - pretty good)
10:15pm - to bed! I know that's early for a Friday night, but Judah doesn't sleep in on Saturdays. All in all, a great day since Daddy came home early & Judah already seems better now that he has tylenol on board. Some days are frustrating, but God has blessed me so much with this mommy job. I'm so thankful that He allows me to stay home with this crazy bunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment