Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finally - Kit!

Finally the day that Maelyn has been hoping, dreaming, & praying for months arrived! Ever since Anna's birthday last summer when she got Ruthie, Mae has been counting down the days until she could get her very own "mericangirldoll" (she says this like it's one word). She wanted Ruthie's friend Kit so they could play together & have slumber parties. We sent her an e-card on Saturday morning saying that her wish had come true. Mommy, Nana, cousin Kelly, and Mae were going to the AG store to pick up Kit. Mae was beside herself & gave out a million hugs & thank you's.

When she got to the store she went straight to Kit, picked out a second outfit (she chose Kit's nightgown), and was ready to hit the door. No wondering around the store for her, she was ready to get home & start the fun of changing Kit's clothes, brushing her hair, and having a tea party. We stopped for lunch at LaMadeline on the way home while she sat like such a big girl with Kit by her side. I can't believe that she's going to be 5 this week!

So fun to share this special day with Kelly & Nana!

1 comment:

rhonda said...

So sorry I missed this. I feel bad that I wasn't there. Boo hoo.