Monday, January 31, 2011

Mommy's Assistant


What would I do without my little helper during the day? Both girls have transitioned so well to having a baby brother. They are both very much in love with him & are both very helpful in their own ways. Mae gets to spend more time with Judah & I since she is home during the day, and she takes her role of mommy assistant very seriously. She often asks me what I need & will happily bring me water, turn out the lights, turn on the sound machine, & hand me whatever is out of reach when I'm nursing. She likes to help with diaper changes, snap his clothes up, give him pacis (since he doesn't usually take them he often has a collection of about 5 around him), pretend he is saying words every time he makes a sound, and play preschool with him. She is the teacher & he is the student... she tells him when it is snack time (nursing), recess (playing on his activity mat), and reminds him to be quiet in the hallways when he cries. She tells him in a teacher voice, "Judah, don't let this get out of hand! Don't you think you are getting out of hand?" when he starts screaming. She loves to say, "you are the cutest thing I ever saw!" a million times a day and calls him a "pooping machine". So true!

1 comment:

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

SOOOOOO precious!!! I can visualize her saying all of those things and it it is so sweet....melts my heart! Can't wait to see it for my own eyes. Love you, Jenny