Saturday, January 1, 2011

Look who's growing!



Praising God! We are so thankful to all who prayed for weight gain for Judah during his second week of life. After his two day discharge follow up showed he was not gaining weight, the pediatrician gave us 24 hours to make a change in the right direction. I supplemented with formula after half of his feedings and breastmilk the other half, every two hours. The next day he had put on two ounces (normal weight gain is one ounce per day). The pediatrician & I decided that for the next week he would be supplemented after every feeding with breastmilk, so we started nursing, pumping, and bottle feeding every two hours during the day & every three hours at night. That is a lot of feeding - almost an hours worth for every session. At his two week checkup this past Tuesday he had put on 14 oz in 7 days! We were so grateful that God had answered our prayers, and so glad to be able to start working towards more sleep at night. When I look at these pictures I wonder where he is putting all that weight? His tummy seems bigger, but his arms & legs still look long & lanky. I guess that's just the "boy version" of our babies!


2 comments:

rhonda said...

Love, love, love those little lips.

erin thomas said...

Judah is precious! So glad he is doing well :)