Monday, November 29, 2010

So thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving! I was told by my few & faithful blog readers over the holiday that I'm not doing a good job updating - so true! I'm definately feeling my age with the end of this pregnancy... I feel SO blessed that I have carried this little guy with no complications but it is time for him to get here! I don't get near as much accomplished each day & still feel like an 80 year old lady by 8pm. I'm betting I won't get to be a better blog updater when he gets here. Oh well, I keep telling myself that God will give me the time each day to get done what really matters! A few pics from the past couple of weeks:

Anna's Thanksgiving Feast at school
Mae's Thanksgiving Feast at preschool - our last one for a while - a little sad!

Our thankful tree in the kitchen. We tried to add leaves after dinner each night leading up to Thanksgiving (when I remembered!). I loved seeing gratitude in the girls hearts.

My doctor ok'd a last minute trip to my parents for Thanksgiving. The drive made my ankles swell like sausages, but I was so glad to have one more opportunity to spend time with family before I am very distracted by baby care! My parents were gracious hosts as always & we got to see my Mamaw & Papaw, Aunt Veda, cousin Grant, Mike & Krystal, Josh, Jeni, & their girls. I wish I had taken more pictures! Below are the girls with their masterpiece of Christmas decorating - Tom said that the playhouse looked like a gypsy cabin when they were done with it.
Mae "helping"/taste testing with Nanny's banana pudding recipe
Dad & Grant hard at work frying the turkey
Papaw at the head of the table
Since we had a smaller than usual crowd this year, we served our plates buffet style. The food was wonderful as always!
Papaw chatting with Leah

1 comment:

rhonda said...

We all have so much to be thankful for and getting to spend time with you guys is just a bonus that God allowed us to enjoy. Thanks for making the trip even though you could have just stretched out at home and had Tom bring you a frozen pot pie from Kroger. YUCK. Glad you came. So glad you got the wide shot of the decorated playhouse. Sorry we missed a close up of Mae's hanging ornaments on a bungie cord.