Thursday, May 20, 2010

Interviews

I wanted to record the sweet mother's day papers that Anna brought home, and the "my family" interview in Mae's me book.

"My Mom is Special" paper by Anna:

She is special because: she helps me when I need her.
I like it when my Mom: tacks (takes) me to cherch (church).
My Mom can do many things! I think she's the best at: soing (sewing) dress and clos (clothes) and shirts.
My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by: macking (making) her lafthf (laugh).
My Mom is as pretty as a: rose.
My Mom is smart! She even knows: how to jump very hige (high).
I'd like to tell my Mom: I like her just the way she is.

"World's Best Mom" composition by Anna (spelling changed):

You are the world's best mom because you care for us. You love us. You help us when we get hurt. You help me with my chores. You even are my best friend. You play with us and you are just the world's best mom. I love you so much I want to give you this card. I love you more than any other mom. You are the nicest mom ever! I love you Mommy! Love, Anna

My Family interview by Mae:

My Mommy's name is: Amber
She is great at: the dishes
Her eyes are: blue
Her favorite color is: red

My Daddy's name is: Tom (she said "that is a silly name")
His hair is: he doesn't have any
I wish my Daddy worked at: Disney World
His favorite tv show is: basketball

I love to play with: Dora
We like to: play games
The best thing about my home is: shows
My family is: funny

And last, I had to record some questions from a math test Anna brought home recently. I'm glad she didn't need help with these concepts, because I don't think I would have known the answers! First grade people!

Name one shape that has no faces, edges, or vertices: a sphere
What shape has 5 faces, 9 edges, and 6 vertices? a triangular prism
How many vertices does a rectangular pyramid have? 5 vertices

No comments: