Anna & Bailey



The girls visiting with Uncle Matt & Kasey
Over spring break my mother in law took the girls home to the ranch for a few days after Mae's birthday. It was a win-win situation - Tom & I got a break to go on a date, work at the house, run errands, and enjoy some quiet, & the girls got to spend some time with their Nana & Pappy. They LOVE playing at the ranch... I think they spent 90% of their day outside feeding the cows, playing with the dogs, and hanging out with their cousins & grandparents. Nana reported that they were "perfect". I don't know about that, but I sure was glad that everyone behaved for the most part! God was good to prompt us to take Anna to the dr the morning they left town to double check her ears. She had a very rare (for her) ear infection a few weeks before & had mentioned her ears hurting again, but was playing hard & not acting sick. To be on the safe side we went & sure enough she had a terrible infection. We were able to get a new antibiotic before her road trip & she did great. Thank you Lord! And thanks so much Nana & Pappy for the break!After I picked up the girls we headed down to my parents to help put on a wedding shower for my brother in my parents' back yard. It was lots of work (Dad even power washed the ROCKS bordering the flower beds - the yard was in tip top shape!), but the shower was great. We were so glad that the girls got to see many of the relatives on our side of the family. Papaw couldn't believe how many times a day that Mae strips down to her panties or changes dress up clothes. Dozens. Besides Anna missing Tom like crazy (we all missed Daddy, but she was actually in tears over it), we all had a wonderful trip. One funny story - the girls & I all slept in one of the guest rooms at my parents. One morning when we were all snuggling in my bed after they got up & Anna wanted to snuggle Mae. They were so sweet, hugging & patting each other for a long time... Anna asked, "Mom, when I grow up can I marry Maelyn?" I told her she couldn't but that they would always be best friends. She said, "Then can I keep her at my house when I get married?" It sounds like Mae is her favorite pet!
No comments:
Post a Comment