When I got there to help serve the cookies, I noticed that Mae was a little whiney. She didn't want to wear the birthday crown (see the pouty lip?), and she kept whining for her sippi cup. She had been up late for the previous two nights, and this was at 1:45 pm with no nap. Soon though, she kicked it up several notches. Ms. Jeni wanted to get a picture of all the kids by Ms. Ashley bc it was her last day before moving. Mae decided she did not want to be in the picture. She threw the biggest, baddest toddler tantrum that I have ever seen her throw. I literally can't remember the last time she'd even had a tantrum. I was SO embarrassed! No amount of coaching, sterness, getting a spanking in the bathroom, etc worked to get her to calm down. This lovely show was in front of her two sweet teachers, the replacement teacher, & parents coming to pick up their kids. Did I mention I was embarrassed?! I just kept looking at her thinking, "who is this kid?" Good grief.
Just for comparison sake, I'm posting another video at the bottom. THIS is my cooperative, sweet child. The verse we've been focusing on with the girls the past couple of weeks is, "Do everything without complaining or argueing, so that you may become blameless & pure children of God & shine like stars in the universe." They love earning star stickers, and Maelyn often will just start cleaning up & singing this verse all on her own. Here she is swiffering the floor (in a very goofy gymnastics hand-me-down from the dress up closet). She did this for about 5 minutes happy as a clam. Where was that girl on Thursday?
No comments:
Post a Comment