Monday, March 16, 2009

Anna - our little athlete

To those of you who know us, the title of this post caused you to scratch your head. My sweet husband loves all sports - watching them, playing them, talking about them. Me, on the other hand, anything sport that involves a ball is not my friend. I enjoy working out, skiing, swimming - do you see a trend - nothing with a ball! Tom has always joked that he is sure that our girls with get all my non-athletic genes. Not so!

Each six weeks Anna's school has a "wrangler roundup" to cheer on all the students who have had good citizenship (in kinder this means staying on "blue" all the time for behavior) & for perfect attendance. The picture above is Anna standing w/ those in her class who had good citizenship. Later in the program the PE coach & music teacher each give an award to one child in all of the grade level (120 plus kindergartners). I really don't know exactly how they pick this child (good sportmanship? good listener?), and believe me I'm going to ask the next time I see the coach! Anna was given the PE award this six weeks. Lana was sitting next to me & had to tell me, "Amber, Anna just got the PE award!" Sure enough, Anna was standing & waving at me. I didn't get a picture of this proud moment, bc I was so not expecting it. So HA Daddy!


No comments: