Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Fun

Summer is flying! Every time I pass our elementary school, I see the sign that says, "school resumes Aug 26th"... my heart skips a beat. It's just around the corner! I spent some time today in the school supply section at Walmart just breathing in that new crayon smell - it makes me excited & a little terrified. :)
Here's what we've been doing the past couple of weeks... swimming, playing in the backyard, spending time with friends, and more swimming! A few pics (I've been really bad about getting the camera out lately) from the past week or so....
My girls LOVE this sand/water table that Mae got for Christmas. We've done sand only, water only, and this past week I gave in & decided that every kid should be allowed to play in the mud. A big hit! Anna is randomly in her bunny costume in this pic, 1)because she's almost always dressed up at home & 2)we had carrots for dinner that night and she eats them better in costume. Whatever works.

Mae got her second haircut. The first one was just a few snips to encourage her hair to grow, so this one was exciting! You have to ignore the sticky bangs from the sucker they gave her which managed to get everywhere on the ride home.


We had so much fun with friends on the fourth. We got to watch the fireworks & swim & visit all evening. Anna loved the fireworks, Mae just kept right on playing. I think I look like a drowned rat in this picture, but Tom & the girls are cute so it's in here anyway!







6 comments:

Kelly said...

That bunny costume is too cute and what a great idea for eating more carrots!

Whitney said...

Love Mae's new haircut- so cute and trendy!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute--loved catching up on your blog. The bunny suit thing is hilarious! And I thought the pool pic of your fam was cute (no drowned rats to be seen!!)
Can't wait to hang out with you guys again--we've been out of town so much I feel out of touch! (didn't mean to make that rhyme :))
Hope to see you soon!

Brooks Inc. said...

Amber-

I laughed out loud at the bunny costume/eating carrots trick. I am going to try to get Benjamin several eating costumes...perhaps that is the answer to our troubles...You could market this idea and make millions!

I love you so!

BJB

Angie Campbell said...

Your girls are sooo cute! I enjoying having Anna in my class on Sunday when you were visiting Brad and Jenny. She is simply delightful! I am glad that you were able to visit! How weird that you were roommates with Jenny and I never knew it! I told Anna that I pictures of you covered with shaving cream from camp, and she thought that was so funny!

Monica said...

Such a sweet post. Sweet Mae's hair has really grown. Love little Anna in her costume. I get nervous about the first day of school and my child is years away. It seems like I know a lot of Mommies entering into the school world this year. Enjoy the rest of summer.